21.4.08

Black out

Did a quick water change to my 5g tank this evening and trimmed off algae infested leaves on the vallis, anubias and hairgrass. Scrapped off most of the GDA on the glass and left some at the back for the Ottos to suck on. There are a tad bit of GDA on the anubias but I decided to leave them for the Algae crew to snack on.

At this point I decided to do a semi-black out to the tank. The usual refers to covering the whole aquarium (front, back, sides & top) so that no light enters for a week or so. A semi-blackout I'm doing is switching off the lights and cover any areas that faces a window. Filter is at full flow to agitate the water (aeration), fan is on 24hrs, no CO2 supply and no fert dosing during the process. I'm gonna continue this for about a week and see how it turns out.

Meanwhile, enjoy some photos of my dad's lotus blooming


DSCF1347 DSCF1350 DSCF1343


No comments:

Post a Comment